As I am launching my new professional brand soon, I decided to take a look at how other professionals market themselves.
To be honest, after all that we read about #personalbranding & #growthmarketing, every day, I expected different results.
All in all: most professionals do the same boring things.
Here are the main findings:
– no personal brand. OK, just a name is not a brand unless you are Neil Patel. No story behind.
– little #creativity. Content- & visual-wise, all you can see is a WordPress template filled in with as many texts as possible.
– poor #targeting. Everyone can be their client. From startups to corporations. Any market, any industry would do.
– no clear #USP. From SEO & content to paid ads & social media, & from strategy to execution.
These are the 4 big fat NOs when it comes to #marketing.
This made me take a step back & make sure I hit the sweet spot with:
1. personal branding & #storytelling
Let me know in the comments at the end of the LinkedIn article below!